Dexamethasone is a corticosteroid that is used to relieve inflammation of the ear (e.g. allergic otitis externa).
Use Dexamethasone ear drops exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not use more or less than instructed by your doctor.
How to use the ear drop solution:
- Wash your hand with soap and water before using the ear drops. Ensure that your ear canal is clean and dry.
- Lie down or tilt your head to one side.
- Gently pull and hold your ear up and back. Instill the required number of drops into your ear.
- Keep your head tilted for several minutes.
- Replace and tighten the cap of the bottle.
Do not share your ear drops with anyone else.
Use the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule.
DO NOT double a dose under any circumstances.
If you often forget to use your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Do not use this medicine if you ever had an allergic reaction (rashes, breathlessness, swollen eyes) to Dexamethasone.
Alert your doctor if you have the following conditions:
- inflammation of the ear caused by infection
- damaged ear drum
as Dexamethasone ear drops may not be suitable for you.
Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Throw away any remaining ear drops 4 weeks after opening. Mark the date of opening on the ear drop bottle so that you know when the bottle was opened.
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Store below 25°C, away from the reach of children. Do not freeze.
Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.