Preparation: KetoCal 3:1 The health of your infant depends on carefully following the directions for preparation and use. Incorrect preparation can make your baby ill.
For bottle, tube and sip feeding: 1. Wash hands thoroughly and clean the preparation area.
2. Sterilise feeding and preparation equipment.
3. The powder must be made up with hot water (45°C/113°F - 50°C/122°F) to fully dissolve.
4. Boil fresh water for 5 minutes and allow to cool to approx. 50°C/122°F using a sterile thermometer.
5. Alternatively, mix water that has been freshly boiled for 5 minutes, with cool water (that has been previously boiled for 5 minutes) in a 1:1 ratio to achieve the correct temperature.
6. Pour the required amount of hot water into a sterilised feeding bottle or a sterilised container that seals with a screw-top lid.
7. Weigh out the required amount of powder.
8. Add the weighed powder to the water.
9. Replace the cap on the bottle and shake until the powder dissolves.
10. The prepared formula must be cooled rapidly to the correct temperature before feeding.
11. For bottle feeding, test the temperature by placing a few drips on the wrist.
12. Formula should feel warm to the wrist.
13. Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded.
14. Formula must not be rewarmed during feeding.
15. For sip feeding, chill in a refrigerator if desired.
16. Shake or stir formula immediately before use.
KetoCal 4:1 For tube and sip feeding: 1. Measure the required amount of warm water into a container that seals with a screw top lid. The powder must be made up with hot water (45°C/113°F - 50°C/122°F) to fully dissolve. Measure the temperature using a thermometer or mix freshly boiled water and cold tap water in a 1:1 ratio to achieve this temperature (do not use hot water direct from the tap).
2. Weigh out the required amount of powder.
3. Add the weighed powder to the water. Replace the cap on the container and shake until the powder dissolves.
4. Remove the lid carefully. Chill in a refrigerator if desired and use within 24 hours of preparation. Shake or stir formula immediately before use. Settling is a normal feature of the product. For tube feeding it is recommended the tube is flushed with lukewarm water (approximately 37°C/99°F) between each feed. If given orally, best served chilled.