Menthol is used together with other medicines to help relieve blocked nose from allergies, colds and flu.
Use Menthol exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more or less than instructed by your doctor.
Menthol is available together with other medicines as a vapour solution for inhalation or nasal stick.
If you are using the vapour solution for inhalation, follow these steps:
- Sprinkle a few drops on to a handkerchief or add to hot (not boiling) water.
- Inhale the vapour and avoid direct skin contact.
Do not apply the vapour solution directly on the nostrils and avoid any contact with your eyes.
If you are using the nasal stick, follow these steps:
- Blow your nose gently to clean your nostrils before using the nasal stick.
- Close one nostril with your finger. Hold the stick straight and upright, placing the applicator tip into the other nostril.
- Breathe in gently. Keep your head slightly tilted forward while holding the stick vertically upright.
- If more than one dose is required for each nostril, alternate the stick between nostrils.
- After each use, wipe and cap the nasal stick.
Make sure you know how to use your nasal stick. If you have problems or do not understand the instructions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not share your nasal stick with others as it could spread infection.
If your symptoms persist or worsen, seek medical advice.
You may stop using this medicine when you have no more symptoms of blocked nose.
Use the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule.
DO NOT double a dose under any circumstances.
Do not use Menthol if you ever had an allergic reaction (e.g. rashes, breathlessness, swollen eyes) to this medicine or any other medicine combined with Menthol, such as eucalyptus oil.
Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Be sure to check with your doctor or pharmacist before giving Menthol to a child. Children may be more sensitive to the side effects.
If you develop rashes, breathlessness, swollen mouth or eyes, stop using Menthol and inform your doctor immediately. These could be signs of an allergic reaction.
Inform your doctor if you experience any side effects which do not go away or are severe.
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
Keep the lid on tightly closed.
Keep in the original package to protect from light.
Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.