Sea salt, sodium citrate, citric acid.
The patented nasal rinse mix is mainly composed of sea salt, sodium citrate and citric acid. The mix is dissolved in lukewarm distilled water to form rinse solution. The solution is drug-free, natural, and safe. Even pregnant women and children of 5 years or older can use it.
The nasal irrigation Kit is composed of a nasal irrigator and nasal rinse mix. The irrigator is composed of a bottle with a cap that links to a tube, a pair of one-way air and liquid valves, a one-size-fit-all nostril fitting, and a dust-preventive cover. The nasal irrigator is hand-squeezed to gently force the washing solution flow into nasal passages and sinuses. The one-way liquid valve permits the fluid to flow only from the suction tube into the nostril but not back to the bottle, preventing contamination of the solution and bottle. The one-way air valve allows air to flow into the bottle to prevent negative pressure in the bottle which allows continuous nasal irrigation. The nostril fitting is designed to fit all users. It allows the rinse solution to flow into the nasal passages and sinus easily without leaking onto the face. The flow speed of the liquid is controlled by the user's hand.
Pharmacology: Pharmacodynamics: Mechanism of Action: Life depends on normal breathing. Nasal cavity is the first safeguard for the entire respiratory system. Natural air contains not only oxygen, but also dusts and variety of pathogens. Those harmful materials must be filtered out in nasal cavities before they enter into and damage the lung. Since one person breathes 15000 liter air with 24 hours on the average basis, cleaning of nasal cavity becomes very important. The air is warmed up, moisturized and filtered out bacteria, virus and particles, by nose hair and membrane of nasal cavity before entering lung for oxygen exchange. If the accumulation of the filtered materials is over-taken the self-cleaning capacity of nasal cavity, it may cause irritation of the nasal cavity membrane, resulting running nose, sneeze, stuffy nose and inflammation. NasalCare Nasal Rinse Starter Kit is designed to treat nasal problems through cleaning out air pollutants, harmful microorganisms & particles. Recently, nasal irrigation is recommended for the prevention and treatment of nasal and sinus disorders by the American Academy of Family Physicians, American ENT and Immunology Societies, and many other medical organizations in the North America, European countries and Japan.
Wash away those solidified materials formed from nasal secretions and inhaled matters in the working and non-working environments.
Clean nasal cavities before and after nasal surgery.
Clean nasal cavities before and after chemotherapy and radiotherapy of nasal tumors.
Medical cleaning of atrophic rhinitis.
Clean nasal membrane to prevent infection by microorganisms in the nasal secretions.
Protection of nasal cavity membrane.
Protect nasal sinus membranes from occupational exposures to dusts and irritants.
User Population: 5 years and older children, adults including pregnant women. Children need to be monitored and directed by an adult or physician.
1. Open one Nasal Rinse Mix packet and pour all of the contents into the bottle.
Fill the bottle with lukewarm boiled water (use distilled or bottled water if the patient recently had nasal surgery) to the top line of the nasal irrigator. Screw the cap onto the bottle. Shake the bottle to dissolve the mix.
2. Bend over a sink and tilt the head down. Open the mouth and place the nostril fitting snugly into one nostril. Breathe through the mouth, not the nose, while washing. Squeeze the bottle just enough to allow the solution to flow into the nose. Squeeze and release repeatedly. Doing so makes the washing process more efficient. Do not squeeze the bottle all the way in one motion. The dirty solution flows out from the other nostril. During irrigation, don't swallow, talk or laugh to prevent choking.
3. Before irrigating the other side of the nose, the patient can gently blow his/her nose to let the dirt flow out.
4. Insert the nostril fitting to the other side of nostril, repeat step 2 and 3. If there is still dirty material that flows out, repeat the previously mentioned steps till the nasal cavity becomes clean or all liquid is used out.
5. To get rid of the residual water, bend over and point the nose towards the knees, and then gently breathe in from the mouth and breath out from the nose for several times. A few droplets of water may run down. Repeat for 5-10 times. If there is little solution left in the nasal cavity, it is harmless and no need to worry about it. The leftover solution helps to moisture the nasal cavity.
6. Nasal rinse can be done at any time. For users with nasal problems, it is recommended doing nasal rinse twice a day or as recommended by the physician. For users without nasal problems, rinsing the nose twice a week can provide general nasal hygiene. It is better not to cleanse the nose 1 hour before going to bed. For those patients who suffer serious rhinitis and sinusitis, they may consider an increase in the solution concentration by reducing the water to 160-200 ml after using the product for 1-2 weeks.
Maintenance: After each nasal wash, rinse the bottle and cap completely and leave them air dry. The bottle can be repeatedly used till its elasticity is gone.
Never use solution that is too hot or too cold.
Never use pure water to wash nose which can cause choking or cell edema.
Never use table salt which contains iodine to make wash solution. Iodine damages nose membrane.
Don't use pure salt solution as it may cause nasal dryness or damage nasal membrane.
Do not sniff, swallow, laugh, or talk while the liquid is flowing through the nose.
Do not rinse nose if the nasal passage is completely blocked or if the patient has an ear infection. Do it after ear disease is gone.
For those with nose bleeding, please consult the doctor before performing nasal irrigation.
Prohibition of washing nasal bottle with boiling water to prevent deformation.
Rinse the entire nasal irrigator with clean water to prevent blockage of air-liquid valve by the solidified salt.
Do not share the nasal irrigator with others to prevent transmitting infection to others.
Expiration Date: 3 years after manufacture.
R01AX - Other nasal preparations ; Used in nasal preparations for topical use.
Starter Kit 1 nasal irrigator + 30 Rinse Mix packets. Refill (Rinse Mix packets) 30's.