1. Since early embryonic death and teratogenicity have been observed in animal studies for Favipiravir, DO NOT administer the drug to women known or suspected to be pregnant (See CONTRAINDICATIONS).
2. When administering Favipiravir to women of child-bearing potential, confirm a negative pregnancy test result before starting the treatment. Explain fully the risks and instruct thoroughly to use most effective contraceptive methods with her partner during and for 7 days after the end of the treatment. If pregnancy is suspected during the treatment, discontinue treatment immediately and consult to Doctor.
3. Favipiravir is distributed in sperm. When administering the drug to male patients, explain fully the risk of the drug and instructed thoroughly to use most effective contraception method in sexual intercourse during the treatment and for 7 days after treatment (men must wear a condom). In addition, instruct not to have sexual intercourse with pregnant woman (see PRECAUTIONS).
4. Prior to the treatment, explain thoroughly the efficacy and the risk (including the risk of exposure to fetus) of Favipiravir written to patient and his/her family members and informed consent should be obtained prior to the start of the treatment.
5. Examine carefully the necessity of Favipiravir before use.