Rare cases of angioedema. Rare cases of hepatic dysfunction (including hepatitis). Monotherapy
- Common: dizziness, nasopharyngitis, hypertension. Uncommon: headache, constipation, nausea, diarrhea, edema peripheral. Combination with metformin
- Common: tremor, dizziness, headache. Combination with a sulfonylurea
- Common: tremor, headache, dizziness, asthenia. Combination with a thiazolidinedione
- Common: weight increase, edema peripheral. Combination with insulin
- Common: headache, nausea, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, chills, decreased blood glucose. Uncommon: Diarrhea, flatulence. Combination with metformin and a sulfonylurea
- Common: dizziness, tremor, asthesia, hypoglycemia, hyperhidrosis. Post-marketing experience
- hepatitis (reversible with drug discontinuation), urticaria, bullous and exfoliative skin lesions including bullous pemphigoid, pancreatitis, arthralgia, sometimes severe.