Incompatibilities: This medicinal product should not be mixed with any other medication or additional flavoring agent. The oral suspension should not be further diluted with water or other vehicles.
Special precautions for disposal and other handling: Any unused product should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.
Reconstitution instructions: Note: A total volume of 90 mL of water irrespective of the dose the patient is taking should be used to reconstitute the contents of the bottle.
1. Tap the bottle to release the powder.
2. Remove the cap.
3. Accurately measure out 60 mL of water and pour the water into the bottle.
4. Replace the cap and shake the bottle vigorously for a minimum of 30 seconds.
5. Remove the cap.
6. Accurately measure out another 30 mL of water and add this to the bottle. The patient should always add a total of 90 mL of water irrespective of the dose prescribed.
7. Replace the cap and shake the bottle vigorously for a minimum of 30 seconds.
8. Remove the cap.
9. When reconstituted the powder provides a white grape flavored oral suspension. Write the expiration date of the reconstituted oral suspension on the bottle label (the expiration date of the reconstituted oral suspension is 30 days from the date of reconstitution). Any unused oral suspension should be discarded or returned to the pharmacist after this date.
Instructions for use: Revatio for oral suspension should not be mixed with any other medication or flavoring agent. The oral suspension should not be further diluted with water or other liquid.
1. Shake the closed bottle of reconstituted oral suspension vigorously for a minimum of 10 seconds before use. Remove the cap.
2. Consider dispensing the suspension with an appropriate graduated oral syringe for measuring the required volumes of suspension. If possible, mark or highlight the graduation corresponding to the appropriate dose (1 ml or 2 ml) on the oral syringe for each patient.