Step-by-step instructions: Parts of the syringes: Needle shield; Plunger; Finger-grip; Security sleeve.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE: 1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and dry them with a towel.
2. Remove the syringe from the carton and check that: the expiry date has not passed.
2.5 mg/0.5 mL: the solution is clear and colourless and doesn't contain particles.
7.5 mg/0.6 mL: the solution is clear and colourless to slightly yellow and doesn't contain particles.
the syringe has not been opened or damaged.
3. Sit or lie down in a comfortable position. Choose a place in the lower abdominal (tummy) area, at least 5 cm below your belly button.
Alternate the left and right side of the lower abdominal area at each injection. This will help to reduce the discomfort at the injection site.
If injecting in the lower abdominal area is not possible, ask your nurse or doctor for advice.
4. Clean the injection area with an alcohol wipe.
5. Remove the needle shield, by first twisting it and then pulling it in a straight line away from the body of the syringe.
Discard the needle shield.
Important note: Don't touch the needle or allow it to touch any surface before the injection.
It is normal to see a small air bubble in this syringe. Don't try to remove this air bubble before making the injection - you may lose some of the medicine if you do.
6. Gently pinch the skin that has been cleaned to make a fold. Hold the fold between the thumb and the forefinger during the entire injection.
7. Hold the syringe firmly by the finger grip. Insert the full length of the needle at right angles into the skin fold.
8. Inject ALL of the contents of the syringe by pressing down on the plunger as far as it goes.
9. Release the plunger and the needle will automatically withdraw from the skin and go back into the security sleeve where it will be locked permanently.
Do not dispose of the used syringe in the household waste.
Dispose of it as your doctor or pharmacist has instructed.