Azelastine is used to prevent as well as treat red and itchy eyes due to seasonal or non seasonal allergies.
Use Azelastine Eye Drops exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not use more or less than instructed by your doctor.
Do not use the eye drop for a longer period of time than advised by your doctor.
How to use eye drop solution:
1. Wash your hands with soap and water before using the eye drops.
2. Shake the bottle well before using.
3. Tilt your head slightly backward and with the index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch and look upwards.
4. Instill the required number of drops inside the lower eyelid.
5. Close your eyes and roll them slowly in all directions. Repeat for the other eye if required.
6. Wipe excess liquid from your face with a clean tissue.
7. Replace and tighten the cap of the bottle.
Do not touch/wipe/ rinse the dropper tip, and do not let the dropper tip touch the eye, eyelids or other surfaces.
Do not share your eye drops with anyone else.
Use the eye drops as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule.
DO NOT double a dose under any circumstances.
Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Do not apply Azelastine Eye Drops if you wear soft contact lenses, as the preservative contained in it may affect the contact lenses. Do not wear your contact lenses if your eyes are red.
Azalastine Eye Drops may cause any of following side effects: burning or stinging feeling in the eyes, pain in the eyes, temporary blurred vision, headache, rash, bitter taste and runny nose.
If you experience blurring of vision do not drive or take part in any activity which requires clear vision.
Inform your doctor if any of these side effects do not go away or are severe, or if you experience other side effects.
Inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are using any other eye drops or eye ointments.
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking or using any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicine, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
Do not store in a freezer.
Medicines must not be used past the expiry date. Discard the eye drop 4 weeks after opening or when you have completed the required number of days of treatment as directed by the doctor.