Belladonna helps relieve digestive or urinary problems associated with stomach cramps.
Take Belladonna exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more or less than instructed by your doctor.
You may take this medicine with or without food. Try to take it at the same time each day.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule.
DO NOT double a dose under any circumstances.
Alert your doctor if you have the following conditions:
- glaucoma (an increased pressure in the eye)
- asthma (lung disorder characterised by breathing distress caused by narrowing of the airways)
- urinary retention (inability to pass urine)
- heart disease
- ulcerative colitis (an inflammation of the large intestine)
- prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement)
as Belladonna may not be suitable for you.
Do not take Belladonna if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby soon. If you become pregnant while being treated with this medicine, alert your doctor immediately. Belladonna may cause harm to your unborn child.
Do not breastfeed while you are being treated with this medicine.
Belladonna may cause any of the following side effects: dry mouth, constipation, palpitations, and some problems with your eyesight.
Inform your doctor if any of these side effects do not go away or are severe, or if you experience other side effects.
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any of these medicines:
- medicine for nausea or vomiting e.g. metoclopramide
- medicine for Parkinson’s disease (a brain disease that affects movement) e.g. amantadine
- medicine for irregular heartbeat e.g. quinidine
- medicines to treat depression e.g. selegiline, amitriptyline
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Belladonna.
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
Protect from light and heat.
Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.