Efinaconazole is used to treat fungal infection of the nail.
Apply Efinaconazole exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not use it more often or over a larger area than instructed by your doctor.
To use the solution, follow these steps:
- Apply Efinaconazole to clean, dry toenails. Wait for at least 10 minutes after showering, bathing, or washing before application.
- Remove the cap from the bottle. Hold the bottle upside down directly over the affected toenail to moisten the brush with the solution.
- Apply one drop onto the toenail. Do not squeeze the bottle. Do not press or rub the brush firmly against the toenail.
- Gently spread the solution with the brush around the entire toenail, including the cuticle, folds of the skin next to the sides of the toenail, and underneath the nail. For the big toe, apply a second drop at the end of the toenail using the tip of the brush (repeat step 2 if necessary).
- Repeat steps 1-4 for each affected toenail.
- Replace the cap of the bottle.
- Let the solution dry completely.
- Wash your hands.
Avoid application to or contact with the eyes or mouth. Rinse immediately with water if it gets into your eyes or mouth. Alert your doctor if you start to have any problems with your eyes.
Your doctor will advise you on the treatment timeframe depending on the type and severity of your condition.
Apply the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule.
DO NOT double a dose to make up for a missed dose.
If you often forget to apply your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Efinaconazole may cause any of the following side effects: pain or irritation on the application site, ingrown toenails.
Inform your doctor of any of these side effects do not go away or are severe, or if you experience other side effects.
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are using or taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
Keep away from heat or open flame.
Do not freeze.
Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.