Instructions for administration and Special precautions for disposal and other handling: Administer the injection according to the local guidelines for performing large volume intramuscular injections.
Note: Due to the proximity of the underlying sciatic nerve, caution should be taken if administering Faslodex at the dorsogluteal injection site (see Precautions).
Warning: Do not autoclave safety needle (BD SafetyGlide Shielding Hypodermic Needle) before use. Hands must remain behind the needle at all times during use and disposal.
For each of the two syringes: 1. Remove glass syringe barrel from tray and check that it is not damaged.
2. Peel open the safety needle (SafetyGlide) outer packaging.
3. Parenteral solutions must be inspected visually for particulate matter and discolouration prior to administration.
4. Hold the syringe upright on the ribbed part. With the other hand, take hold of the cap and carefully tilt back and forth until the cap disconnects and can be pulled off, do not twist.
5. Remove the cap in a straight upward direction. To maintain sterility do not touch the syringe tip.
6. Attach the safety needle to the Luer-Lok and twist until firmly seated.
7. Check that the needle is locked to the Luer connector before moving out of the vertical plane.
8. Pull shield straight off needle to avoid damaging needle point.
9. Transport filled syringe to point of administration.
10. Remove needle sheath.
11. Expel excess gas from the syringe.
12. Administer intramuscularly slowly (1-2 minutes/injection) into the buttock (gluteal area). For user convenience, the needle bevel-up position is oriented to the lever arm.
13. After injection, immediately apply a single-finger stroke to the activation assisted lever arm to activate the shielding mechanism.
Note: Activate away from self and others. Listen for click and visually confirm needle tip is fully covered.
Disposal: Pre-filled syringes are for single use only.
Any unused medicinal product or waste material should be disposed of in accordance with local requirements.
Incompatibilities: In the absence of incompatibility studies, this medicinal product must not be mixed with other medicinal products.