Instructions for Use/Handling: See Dosage & Administration.
Nadroparin solution for injections should be visually inspected for any particulate matter and discoloration before use. If any visual change is noted, the solution must be discarded.
Syringes are intended for single use only, and any unused portion of each syringe must be discarded. Solutions must not be mixed with other preparations or re-dispensed.
After administration the needle shield must be slid over the exposed needle, so that the needle is completely covered. The syringe can then be disposed of appropriately.
Step-by-step instructions: Instructions for use: 1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and dry them with a towel.
2. Remove the syringe from the carton and check that: the expiry date has not passed; the syringe has not been opened or damaged.
3. Sit or lie down in a comfortable position.
Choose a place in the lower abdominal (tummy) area, at least 5 cm below your belly button.
Alternate the left and right side of the lower abdominal area at each injection. This will help to reduce the discomfort at the injection site.
If injecting in the lower abdominal area is not possible, ask your nurse or doctor for advice.
4. Clean the injection area with an alcohol wipe.
5. Remove the needle shield, by first twisting it and then pulling it in a straight line away from the body of the syringe.
Discard the needle shield.
If the volume in the syringe is more than you need, you must remove the excess before you inject yourself.
Hold the syringe with the needle pointing straight down.
Push the syringe plunger gently down until the bottom of the bubble sits on the line marked with the volume your doctor has prescribed for you.
Drip the fluid that comes out of the needle on to a tissue, and discard.
The syringe is now ready to use.
Important note: Don't touch the needle or allow it to touch any surface before the injection.
It is normal to see a small air bubble in this syringe. Don't try to remove this air bubble before making the injection - you may lose some of the medicine if you do.
6. Gently pinch the skin that has been cleaned to make a fold. Hold the fold between the thumb and the forefinger during the entire injection.
7. Hold the syringe firmly by the finger grip. Insert the full length of the needle at right angles into the skin fold.
8. Inject ALL of the contents of the syringe by pressing down on the plunger as far as it goes. Then gently remove the needle from the skin.
9. After the injection, hold the syringe in one hand by gripping the security sleeve, use the other hand to hold the finger grip and pull firmly back. This unlocks the sleeve. Slide the sleeve up the body of the syringe until it locks into position over the needle.
Do not dispose of the used syringe in household waste. Dispose of it as your doctor or pharmacist has instructed.