Incompatibilities: INVEGA SUSTENNA should not be mixed with any other product or diluent and is intended for intramuscular administration directly from the syringe in which it is packaged.
Instructions for Use and Handling and Disposal: The kit contains a prefilled syringe and 2 safety needles (a 1 ½-inch 22 gauge needle and a 1-inch 23 gauge needle) for intramuscular injection.
INVEGA SUSTENNA is for single use only.
1. Shake the syringe vigorously for a minimum of 10 seconds to ensure a homogeneous suspension.
2. Select the appropriate needle.
For DELTOID injection, if the patient weighs < 200 lb (< 90 kg), use the 1-inch 23 gauge needle (needle with blue colored hub); if the patient weighs ≥ 200 lb (< 90 kg), use the 1 ½-inch 22 gauge needle (needle with gray colored hub).
For GLUTEAL injection, use the 1 ½-inch 22 gauge needle (needle with gray colored hub).
3. While holding the syringe upright, remove the rubber tip cap with an easy clockwise twisting motion.
4. Peel the safety needle pouch half way open. Grasp the needle sheath using the plastic peel pouch. Attach the safety needle to the luer connection of the syringe with an easy clockwise twisting motion.
5. Pull the needle sheath away from the needle with a straight pull. Do not twist the sheath as the needle may be loosened from the syringe.
6. Bring the syringe with the attached needle in upright position to de-aerate. De-aerate the syringe by moving the plunger rod carefully forward.
7. Inject the entire contents intramuscularly slowly, deep into the selected deltoid or gluteal muscle of the patient. Do not administer intravascularly or subcutaneously.
8. After the injection is complete, use either thumb or finger of one hand or a flat surface to activate the needle protection system. The needle protection system is fully activated when a 'click' is heard. Discard the syringe with needle appropriately.