Instructions for Use and Handling: Administration through gastric tube: 1. Put the tablet into an appropriate syringe and fill the syringe with approximately 25 ml of water and approximately 5 ml air. For some tubes, dispersion in 50 ml water is needed to prevent the pellets from clogging the tube.
2. Immediately shake the syringe for approximately 2 minutes to disperse the tablet.
3. Hold the syringe with the tip up and check that the tip has not clogged.
4. Attach the syringe to the tube whilst maintaining the above position.
5. Shake the syringe and position it with the tip pointing down. Immediately inject 5-10 ml into the tube. Invert the syringe after injection and shake (the syringe must be held with the tip pointing up to avoid clogging of the tip).
6. Turn the syringe with the tip down and immediately inject another 5-10 ml into the tube. Repeat this procedure until the syringe is empty.
7. Fill the syringe with 25 ml of water and 5 ml of air and repeat step 5 if necessary to wash down any sediment left in the syringe. For some tubes, 50 ml water is needed.
Incompatibilities: This medicinal product should not be used with other medicinal products except those mentioned previously.