Instructions for Use:Introduction: SPIOLTO RESPIMAT (tiotropium bromide and olodaterol). Read these Instructions for Use before you start using SPIOLTO RESPIMAT.
You will need to use this inhaler only ONCE A DAY. Each time you use it take TWO PUFFS.
If SPIOLTO RESPIMAT has not been used for more than 7 days release one puff towards the ground.
If SPIOLTO RESPIMAT has not been used for more than 21 days repeat steps 4 to 6 under 'Prepare for first use' as follows until a cloud is visible. Then repeat steps 4 to 6 three more times.
Do not touch the piercing element inside the clear base.
How to care for your SPIOLTO RESPIMAT: Clean the mouthpiece including the metal part inside the mouthpiece with a damp cloth or tissue only, at least once a week.
Any minor discoloration in the mouthpiece does not affect your SPIOLTO RESPIMAT inhaler performance.
If necessary, wide the outside of your Spiolto Respimat inhaler with a damp cloth.
When to get a new SPIOLTO RESPIMAT: Your SPIOLTO RESPIMAT inhaler contains 60 puffs (30 doses) if used as indicated (two puffs/Once daily).
The dose indicator shows approximately how much medication is left.
When the dose indicator enters the red area of the scale you need to get a new prescription; there is approximately medication for 7 days left (14 puffs).
Once the dose indicator reaches the end of the red scale, your SPIOLTO RESPIMAT locks automatically - no more doses can be released. At this point, the clear base cannot be turned any further.
SPIOLTO RESPIMAT should be discarded three months after you have prepared it for first use, even if it has not been used or used at all.
Prepare for first use: 1. Remove clear base: Keep the cap closed. Press the safety catch while firmly pulling off the clear base with your other hand.
2. Insert cartridge: Insert the narrow end of the cartridge into the inhaler. Place the inhaler on a firm surface and push down firmly until it clicks into place. Do not remove the cartridge once it has been inserted into the inhaler.
3. Replace clear base: Put the clear base back into place until it clicks. Do not remove the clear base again.
4. Turn: Keep the cap closed. Turn the clear base in the direction of the arrows on the label until it clicks (half a turn).
5. Open: Open the cap until it snaps fully open.
6. Press: Point the inhaler toward the ground. Press the dose-release button. Close the cap. Repeat steps 4-6 until a cloud is visible. After a cloud is visible, repeat steps 4-6 three more times.
Your inhaler is now ready to use. These steps will not affect the number of doses available. After preparation your inhaler will be able to deliver 60 puffs (30 doses).
Daily use: TURN: Keep the cap closed. TURN the clear base in the direction of the arrows on the label until it clicks (half a turn).
OPEN: OPEN the cap until it snaps fully open.
PRESS: Breathe out slowly and fully. Close your lips around the mouthpiece without covering the air vents. Point your inhaler to the back of your throat. While taking a slow, deep breath through your mouth, PRESS the dose-release button and continue to breathe in slowly for as long as comfortable. Hold your breath for 10 seconds or for as long as comfortable. Repeat TURN, OPEN, PRESS for a total of 2 puffs. Close the cap until you use your inhaler again.