This medicine helps replace testosterone for those who lacks or do not produce enough testosterone.
Apply Testosterone exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not use more or less than instructed by your doctor.
This medicine is available as a gel.
How to use this medicine:
- Gel is available in a pump or in a packet. If you are using a pump, prime and pump the prescribed dose from the bottle. For gel in a packet, squeeze the gel out of the packet.
- Apply the gel in a clean, dry and intact area of the skin such as the shoulder or upper arms. Limit the application site to areas which can be covered by your clothing.
- Spread the prescribed dose over the application site. Wash hands with soap and water after application.
- Let the gel dry before putting on your clothes. Keep the application site covered or clothed to minimise risk of any contact of the medicine to others.
- Do not swim, shower, or bath after the application of this medicine.
Apply the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule. Do not apply more than what is instructed by the doctor to make up for the missed dose.
Alert your doctor if you have the following conditions:
- cancer of the breast
- known or suspected cancer of the prostate
as this medicine may not be suitable for you.
Testosterone is not intended for use in women, and must not be used by women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Inform your doctor if you have the following conditions:
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- blood clotting disorder
- enlarged prostate
- epilepsy (fits or seizures)
- sleep disorder characterised by pauses or shallow breathing
Inform your doctor that you are using Testosterone as this medicine may interfere with certain laboratory tests.
After application of this medicine, avoid any skin contact of the application site especially with a woman or a child.
Avoid contact of this medicine with your eyes or mouth. Rinse immediately if the medicine accidentally gets into your eyes or mouth. Alert your doctor if you start to have any problems with your eyesight.
Do not apply this medicine to your genitals, chest, armpits, knees or back.
Keep your appointments with your doctor. Certain routine tests may be conducted to monitor your condition and check your response to the medication. Your doctor will advise you about how often you need to have these tests.
Testosterone may cause any of the following side effects: headache, acne, application site reaction such as itching, rash or redness of the skin.
Inform your doctor if any of these side effects do not go away or are severe, or if you experience other side effects.
Inform your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any of this medicines:
- blood-thinning medicines e.g. warfarin
- medicines for diabetes e.g. insulin
- anti-inflammatory medicines e.g. corticosteroids
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Testosterone.
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.