Unoprostone is used to treat increased pressure in the eye.
Use Unoprostone eye drop solution exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not use more or less than instructed by your doctor.
To use the eye drop solution:
1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before using the eye drop.
2. Tilt your head slightly backwards. With the index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. Look upward and instill the required number of drops inside the lower eyelid.
3. Close your eye and do not blink for 30 seconds.
4. Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a clean tissue.
5. Replace and tighten the cap of the bottle.
Do not allow the tip of the dropper of this medicine to touch your eyes, eyelids or any other surface. Recap the eye drop immediately after use. If the eye drop becomes contaminated, it could cause an infection in your eyes.
If you have been given any other eye drops or medicines to be used together with Unoprostone, wait for at least 5 minutes before using the other medicine.
Do not share your eye drop with anyone else.
Instill the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule.
DO NOT double a dose under any circumstances.
If you often forget to use your this medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Inform your doctor if you have the following conditions:
- other eye disorder e.g inflammation of the iris of the eye, swelling of the retina (layer at the back of the eyeball)
- absence of lens of the eye
- implanted lens in the eye
Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you are wearing soft contact lenses, remove it before using Unoprostone. Wait for at least 15 minutes before reinserting your lenses.
For as long as you are using this medicine, you will need to have your eyes checked regularly to monitor the pressure in your eyes. Your doctor will advise you about how often you need to have these tests.
Unoprostone may cause some problems with your eyesight. If affected, do not drive or take part in any activity in which you need to see clearly.
Other side effects include any of the following: eye irritation such as redness, burning, stinging, itching and dryness. You may also experience an increased growth and thickening of your eyelashes.
Inform your doctor if any of these side effects do not go away or are severe, or if you experience other side effects.
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking medicines for pain and inflammation e.g. non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.
Do not use 4 weeks after first opening.