Epinastine is used to treat redness and irritation of the eyes associated with allergic conjunctivitis (inflammation of the membrane covering the white part of the eye).
Use Epinastine exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not administer more or less than instructed by your doctor.
How to use the eye drop solution:
1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before using the eye drop.
2. Shake the bottle well before applying.
3. Tilt your head slightly backwards and look upward.
4. Instill the required number of drops inside the lower eyelid. Blink your eyes a few times to spread the solution over your eyes. Repeat on the other eye if required.
5. Close your eyes and wipe the excess solution with a clean tissue.
6. Do not allow the tip of the dropper of this medicine to touch your eyes, eyelids or any other surface. Recap the eye drop immediately after use. If the eye drop becomes contaminated, it could cause an infection in your eyes.
7. If you have been given other eye drops to be used together with this medicine, wait for a 10 minute interval before applying the other medicine.
If you are wearing contact lenses, remove it before using Epinastine. Wait for at least 10 minutes before reinserting your lenses.
Do not share your eye drops with anyone else.
Instill the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule.
DO NOT double a dose under any circumstances.
If you often forget to use your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Epinastine may cause your vision to be blurred. If affected, do not drive or take part in any activity in which you need to see clearly.
Other side effects include any of the following: headache, burning or stinging sensation in your eyes, cough, sore throat and runny or stuffy nose.
Inform your doctor if any of these side effects do not go away or are severe, or if you experience any other side effects.
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are using any other medicines for your eyes.
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children. Keep tightly closed and protect from light.
Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.