Potassium chloride, sodium chloride.
Each 7.73 g sachet contains: Potassium chloride 180 mg, Sodium Chloride 150 mg.
FLO CRS is a non medicated preservative free nasal and sinus irrigation kit.
It has been specifically formulated to have a low sodium and potassium content so as not to adversely affect the natural immune factors present in nasal and sinus tissue.
FLO CRS can be used to relieve congestion from sinusitis and as a cleansing solution after nasal and sinus surgery.
The kit consists of a wash bottle and pre mixed sachets of FLO CRS powder. Refill sachets are available separately.
FLO CRS is specifically designed to irrigate the nasal and sinus cavities using a large volume of solution delivered at low pressure. This method improves distribution to the sinus cavities compared with traditional metered nasal pump sprays.
Symptoms resulting from sinus inflammation may be relieved by washing the sinuses, as this helps remove the excess mucus being produced in those cavities.
How often do the patient need to use FLO CRS: Use FLO CRS up to three times daily or as directed by the healthcare professional. There are no adverse effects from using FLO CRS more often. Note: Use any time of the day except the last hour before bed. Lying down soon after use can result in fluid draining from the sinuses unexpectedly. This may cause coughing.
FLO CRS is non-medicated and free of preservatives and may be used during pregnancy and whilst breast feeding.
Blocked ears: this may occur if solution enters the Eustachian tube - this is the tube which connects the back of the nose with the middle ear cavity. Should this occur, clear the ears by pinching the nostrils closed and gently blowing through the nose. The ears will start to clear when the patient hears a popping sound. Release the pressure on the nostrils, breathe normally and swallow several times. Repeat as necessary.
Earache: this occurs when the solution is forced too vigorously into the nose by squeezing too hard on the bottle. Try to use less pressure on the bottle when using FLO CRS. If earache persists despite using less force on the bottle, stop using the product and consult the ENT surgeon or doctor.
FLO CRS can be used while taking any other medication. If the patient is using a medicated nasal spray, then it is best to use FLO CRS at least 15 minutes before using the nasal spray.
How to use and clean the FLO CRS Kit: 1. First time use. Thoroughly wash the bottle, tube and cap with warm soapy water. Rinse all components with clean tap water and dry using a clean paper towel.
2. Fill the bottle to the FILL LINE using lukewarm pre-boiled water. NOTE: Water must be boiled for at least 1 minute before cooling until lukewarm. If more convenient, boiled water may be stored in a clean container in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. The patient can re-heat the water in the FLO wash bottle using a microwave oven in 5 second bursts until it is lukewarm.
3. Cut or tear open one sachet of FLO CRS powder. Using the guidelines, fold out the sachet into a funnel shape and pour the entire contents into the FLO bottle.
4. Screw the cap and tube firmly onto the bottle and gently shake until all the powder has dissolved.
The mixture is now ready for use.
5. Standing over a basin, bend forward and tilt the head down so that the chin almost touches the chest. Insert the tip of the cap gently into one nostril. Whilst breathing through the mouth, steadily and gently squeeze the bottle until the solution drains from the opposite nostril or from the mouth. Try not to swallow the solution. No harmful effects will occur if the patient do this. Whenever the bottle needs to refill with air, remove it from the nose before releasing the hand pressure. This helps to prevent "suck back" and contamination of the remaining solution. Repeat these steps until half the solution has been used (HALF FILL LINE on the bottle), then repeat the procedure on the opposite nostril.
6. Gently blow the nose to clear any remaining fluid and mucus. Note: If the patient recently had nasal or sinus surgery, do not blow the nose before checking with the surgeon if this is permitted.
7. Discard any solution remaining in the bottle. Always make a fresh solution for each treatment.
8. Clean all components thoroughly using FLO Cleaning Solution (sold separately and available from any local pharmacy). This removes bacterial biofilms (a slime in which bacteria live) and the bacteria living within them. It also removes mucus and other forms of soiling from all the surfaces of the wash bottle and helps to keep the FLO kit clean. Alternatively, wash all components using warm soapy water and a bottle brush. NOTE: Warm soapy water may not remove all bacterial biofilms. Dry all components thoroughly using a clean paper towel and store the FLO kit in the refrigerator until next needed.
R01AX - Other nasal preparations ; Used in nasal preparations for topical use.
Powd for nasal soln (starter kit w/ bottle applicator) 7.73 g/sachet x 4's, (refill sachet) 7.73 g/sachet x 50's.