This model can be operated with power adapter or with batteries (or rechargeable batteries). Nebzmart does not charge rechargeable batteries, rechargeable batteries should be charged separately.
Intended purpose: This device is to aerosolize the medication or saline solution and transmit the mist particle into user's oral cavity and respiratory tract.
Intended user: This device is designed for patients of all ages. Except for patients who are unconscious, not breathing spontaneously or have pulmonary edema. Babies and children must be supervised by an adult during treatment.
Intended patients: This device design for all ages of patients. Except for the patients who are unconscious, not breathing spontaneously or having pulmonary edema.
Recommended operation environment: This device is intended for use in medical facility, such as hospital, clinic and doctor's office, and in general household.
Temperature range: 10°C to 40°C.
Humidity: 30 to 85% RH.
How to set up the medication cup: 1. Set up the medication cup: Align the buckle on the back of the medication cup with the trenches on the main unit and insert the medication cup. Check to ensure that the buckle is aligned and inserted correctly.
2. Adding medication: Make sure that the indicator light is off before adding the medication. Open the medication cup cap. Add the quantity of medication prescribed by the doctor. DO NOT EXCEED THE LIMIT (Max. 6ml). Close the medication cup cap properly.
How to connect the power supply: This device can be operated with two AA alkaline batteries or two AA nickel-metal-hydride (NiMH) rechargeable batteries. (Secondary lithium batteries shall comply with the requirements of IEC 62133.)
Insert the batteries: Turn the unit upside down. Press and push the battery cover in the direction of the arrow. Insert two AA alkaline/NiMH rechargeable batteries. Make sure that the batteries are aligned to match the polarity symbols on the battery compartment. Push forward the battery cover in the direction of the arrow until it locks in place.
Do NOT insert a battery with the positive(+) and negative(-) poles reversed. Do NOT use old and new batteries together or mix and use different brand of batteries together.
Battery life and battery replacement: When the power indicator turns orange (means low power), please replace both batteries with new one. Battery life depends on the capacity and condition of the batteries.
Using USB cable: The connection jack should be 9.5mm in length, with an outer diameter of 3.5mm, interior diameter of 1.35mm, and positive polarity. The USB cable does not charge batteries. Please remove the batteries before using the USB cable. As with all electronic devices, it is recommended to keep the product unplugged when not in use.
Connect with USB cable: Insert the jack connector of the USB cable into the cable jack on the main unit. Plug the USB cable into a standard charger.
Using adapter: Only use an external adapter that is in compliance with the requirements of IEC60601-1:2005. Please choose DC 5V/1A adapter, and the connection jack should be 9.5mm in length, with an outer diameter of 3.5mm, interior diameter of 1.35mm, and positive polarity. The adapter does not charge batteries. Please remove the batteries before using the adapter.
As with all electronic devices, it is recommended to keep the product unplugged when not in use.into a standard charger.
Connect with adapter: Insert the jack connector of the power adapter into the adapter jack on the main unit. Plug the adapter into a standard power socket.
How to inhale properly: 1. Performing the inhalation: Press ON/OFF button on the top to start nebulization (light Indicator turns green).
Place the mouthpiece between the teeth, with the lips firmly sealed around the mouthpiece.
*Accessories such as additional mouthpiece and mask could help to provide a more comfortable inhalation treatment.*
If mask is used, gently press the mask against the face so that it fits snugly over the mouth and nose.
Breathe in and out slowly through the mouth until aerosol formation stops.
2. End of inhalation: Press ON/OFF button to turn it off.
Press Release Button to remove the medication cup.
Remove the batteries from the main unit.
Tilt the device slightly until the solution is almost exhausted to make sure that the residual solution contacting the mesh is nebulized completely.
High viscosity solution may result in poor nebulization or clogging of the mesh. In this case, turn off the power and remove the accumulated solution on the mesh with gauze or lint free towel.
Only use this device with medications prescribed by the doctor.
The nebulizer is only intended for respiratory therapy, and any other application of this device is improper and dangerous. The manufacturer is not liable for any damage caused by improper or incorrect use.
Do not share the nebulizer with others. This product (included medication cup, mask, mouthpiece) must only be used by a single patient.
Clean and disinfect nebulizer according to instruction manual. Do not keep product and accessories in a damp environment. Contamination and residual moisture encourage the growth of bacterial and increase the risk of infection.
Adult supervision is required when this device is used by children and individuals who require special assistance.
For safety reasons, always disconnect the power adapter from the socket under the following circumstances: if a malfunction occurs during operation; before cleaning the device; immediately after use.
The product must not be operated and the power adapter must be unplugged from the socket immediately if the power adapter is damaged, or if a fault is suspected.
Be sure the device has been properly cleaned before use to avoid possible contamination.
Do not handle the power adapter with wet hands.
Do not pull the power adapter out of the socket by the cable.
Do not swallow small parts of nebulizer.
Do not attempt to clean the mesh with any foreign objects, it may damage the mesh.
Avoid dropping the device otherwise it may not function normally.
Keep the device away from direct sunlight, excessive heat or cold to avoid damaging the batteries.
Do not attempt to open, repair or modify this device.
Do not wash the main unit or adapter with water. If the patient spills liquid on the main unit or adapter, wipe it off immediately.
Do not start the nebulizer without filling in the medication.
Follow local laws and recycling plans regarding disposal or recycling of components, batteries and packaging.
Cleaning and disinfection: Device should be cleaned and disinfected after every application to prevent the growth of microorganisms, which increases the risk of infection.
After every use: Clean the nebulizer after each inhalation.
1. Remove the residual solutions in the medication cup.
2. Pour some distilled water into the medication cup.
3. Turn on the device to nebulize the distilled water for 1 to 2 minutes to clean the mesh.
4. Remove batteries or disconnect the adapter from the main unit.
5. Remove the medication cup from the main unit.
6. Wash and rinse the medication cup with distilled water.
7. Shake off excess water and allow parts to be fully air dried on a clean, dry towel.
8. Use gauze or clean towel to wipe off stains on the main unit if necessary.
9. Make sure that all cleaned parts are completely dry before storing or using them next time.
Clean the mask and mouthpiece with neutral detergent before first use and after each use.
1. Hand wash the mask and the mouthpiece in warm (30°C) water using neutral detergent and gently rub it for at least 30 seconds.
2. Rinse well with distilled water.
3. Allow them to air dry and keep away from direct sunlight.
Daily disinfections: It is important to disinfect the medication cup on a daily basis.
1. Disinfection by boiled water: Rinse the medication cup with distilled water. Use a saucepan to boil distilled water. Wait for the distilled water to boil. Turn off the heat source. Carefully immerse the medication cup in the boiled water for a maximum of ten (10) minutes. Carefully remove the medication cup from the boiled water and shake off excess water. Allow parts to fully air dry on a clean, dry towel, and out of reach of children. Make sure that all parts are clean and dry before storage or use.
2. Disinfection by alcohol: Rinse the medication cup with distilled water. Immerse the medication cup in 75% ethyl alcohol for one (1) minute. Rinse the medication cup with distilled water again, shake off excess water and allow parts to be fully air dry on a clean dry towel. Make sure that all parts are clean and dry before storage or use.
Store the device and medication cup in a dry and clean environment.
V07AY - Other non-therapeutic auxiliary products ; Other auxiliary products with non-therapeutic properties.
Nebzmart Complete Nebulization Care Kit