Nedocromil is used to prevent and treat redness and irritation of the eyes in allergic conjunctivitis.
It is also used to treat an eye condition known as vernal keratoconjunctivitis.
Use Nedocromil Eye Drops exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not use more or less than instructed by your doctor.
How to eye drop solution:
1. Wash your hands with soap and water before using the eye drop.
2. Shake the bottle well before using.
3. Tilt your head slightly backwards and with the index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch and look upwards.
4. Instill the required number of drops inside the lower eyelid. Blink your eyes a few times to spread the solution over your eyes. Repeat for the other eye if required.
5. Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a clean tissue. Do not allow the tip of the eye drop bottle to touch your eyes, eyelids or other surfaces.
6. Replace and tighten the cap of the bottle. Do not wipe or rinse the dropper tip.
Do not touch/wipe/ rinse the dropper tip, and do not let the dropper tip touch the eye, eyelids or other surfaces.
Do not share your eye drops with anyone else.
Do not use the eye drop for a longer period of time than advised by your doctor.
Use the eye drops as soon as you remember If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule.
DO NOT double a dose under any circumstances.
This medicine contains a preservative which may be absorbed by contact lenses. You should not wear contact lenses as long as your allergic conjunctivitis is not yet treated.
Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Nedocromil Eye Drop may cause blurring of vision. If affected, do not drive or take part in any activity in which you need clear vision.
Other common side effects include any of the following: headache, a burning or stinging feeling in your eyes, unpleasant taste and blocked nose.
Inform your doctor if any of these side effects do not are severe or refuse to go away or are severe, or if you experience other side effects.
Inform your doctor if you are using any other eye drops or ointments on the affected area.
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking or using any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicine, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Store the bottle in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
Do not store in a freezer.
Do not use Nedocromil Eye Drop after the expiry date. Do not use for longer than 4 weeks after the seal on the bottle has been broken.