Prasterone is used to treat difficult or painful sexual intercourse associated with menopause.
Use Prasterone exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instruction on the label. Do not use more or less than instructed by your doctor.
This medicine is available as vaginal pessary.
How to use Prasterone vaginal pessary:
- Empty your bladder and wash your hands before inserting the pessary.
- Sit or lie down with both knees bent and legs apart.
- Gently insert the pessary into the vagina and push it backwards.
- If you are using the applicator, press the plunger to release the pessary then remove the applicator from your vagina.
- Wash your hands after inserting the pessary.
Insert the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule.
DO NOT double a dose under any circumstances.
If you often forget to use your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Alert your doctor if you have undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding as Prasterone may not be suitable for you.
Inform your doctor if you have breast cancer or history of breast cancer.
This medicine is only indicated for women who have undergone menopause.
Prasterone may cause vaginal discharge.
Inform your doctor if any of these side effects do not go away or are severe, or if you experience other side effects.
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.