Brinzolamide + Timolol are combined together in this medicine.
Brinzolamide + Timolol is used to treat an increased pressure in the eye.
Use Brinzolamide + Timolol eye drop solution exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not use more or less than instructed by your doctor.
How to use the eye drop solution:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before using the eye drop.
- Shake the bottle well before using.
- Tilt your head slightly backwards. With the index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. Look upward and instill the required number of drops inside the lower eyelid.
- Close your eyes and do not blink for the next 30 seconds.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a clean tissue.
- Replace and tighten the cap of the bottle.
Do not allow the tip of the dropper of this medicine to touch your eyes, eyelids or any other surface. Recap the eye drop immediately after use. If the eye drop becomes contaminated, it could cause an infection in your eyes.
Do not share your eye drop with anyone else.
Do not stop treatment with this medicine unless your doctor has advised you to do so.
Instill the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your normal dosing schedule.
DO NOT double a dose under any circumstances.
If you often forget to use your medicine, let your doctor and pharmacist know.
Alert your doctor if you have the following conditions:
- lung disease e.g. asthma or history of asthma, severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- heart disease e.g. heart block, heart failure, heart rhythm disorder
- too much acidity in your blood
- severe allergic rhinitis (inflammation in the nose)
- severe kidney disease
as this medicine may not be suitable for you.
Inform your doctor if you have the following conditions:
- diseases of the cornea (outermost layer of the eye)
- kidney disease
- liver disease
- blood flow disorder such as Raynaud’s disease (poor blood circulation which makes the toes and fingers numb and pale)
- thyroid disease e.g. overactive thyroid
- myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness disorder)
This medicine is not intended for use in patients with narrow-angle glaucoma, a sudden rise in pressure in the eye caused by blocked drainage canals.
Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you are wearing soft contact lenses, remove it before using Brinzolamide + Timolol eye drops. Wait for at least 15 minutes before reinserting your lenses.
If you are going for an operation, including minor surgery and dental work, inform your doctor or dentist that you are using Brinzolamide + Timolol.
Keep your appointments with your doctor. Your doctor needs to do routine eye examinations (e.g. eye pressure test) while you are being treated with this medicine. Your doctor will advise you about how often you need to have these tests.
Brinzolamide + Timolol may cause temporary blurring of your vision and other visual disturbances. If affected, do not drive or take part in any activity in which you need to be alert or need to see clearly.
Other side effects include any of the following: pain, irritation, stinging, burning and foreign body sensation of the eye.
There may also be a bitter taste in your mouth after you apply Brinzolamide + Timolol eye drops. This is normal and harmless.
Some side effects may need immediate medical help. Alert your doctor quickly if you experience any of the following:
- rashes, breathessness, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat
- sudden loss of vision accompanied by pain
Inform your doctor if any of these side effects do not go away or are severe, or if you experience other side effects.
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any of these medicines:
- other medicines for increased pressure in the eye e.g. acetazolamide, dorzolamide, carteolol
- medicines for mood disorders e.g. chlorpromazine
- medicines to treat fungal infections e.g. ketoconazole, itraconazole, clotrimazole
- medicine to treat viral infections e.g. ritonavir
- certain antibiotics e.g. troleandomycin
- medicines for high blood pressure or heart disease e.g. clonidine, guanethidine, prazosin, digoxin, amiodarone, quinidine, propranolol, sotalol, metoprolol, verapamil
- medicines for depression e.g. paroxetine, fluoxetine
- medicine for diabetes e.g. insulin, glimepiride, gliclazide, glipizide, glibenclamide
- medicines for asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) e.g. salmeterol, indacaterol
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Brinzolamide + Timolol.
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children. Protect from light.
Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.