Netupitant and Palonosetron are combined together in this medicine.
Netupitant + Palonosetron is used together with other medicines to prevent nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy (cancer treatment).
Take Netupitant + Palonosetron exactly as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label. Do not take more or less than instructed by your doctor.
You may take this medicine with or without food. Take it at least 1 hour before taking your scheduled medication for cancer. Try to take it at the same time each day.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember.
DO NOT double a dose under any circumstances.
Alert your doctor if you have the following conditions:
- severe liver disease
- severe kidney disease
as this medicine may not be suitable for you.
Do not take Netupitant + Palonosetron if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby soon. If you become pregnant while being treated with this medicine, alert your doctor immediately. Netupitant + Palonosetron may cause harm to your unborn child. You must use proven birth control methods while taking this medicine.
Do not breastfeed while you are being treated with this medicine.
Inform your doctor if you have the following conditions:
- history of constipation
- blocked bowel
- history of heart disease e.g. irregular heartbeat, heart failure
- electrolyte imbalance (imbalance of minerals in the body)
Your doctor may need to do liver and kidney function test, as Netupitant + Palonosetron is not indicated to be taken by those with severe liver or kidney disease.
Netupitant + Palonosetron may cause dizziness. If affected, do not drive or take part in any activity in which you need to be alert.
Other side effects may include any of the following: constipation, indigestion, headache, weakness, tiredness and skin redness.
Some side effects may need immediate medical help. Alert your doctor quickly if you experience any of the following:
- seeing, hearing or feeling things that are not existent
- extremely high body temperature
Inform your doctor if any of these side effects do not go away or are severe, or if you experience other side effects.
Inform your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any of these medicines:
- medicines used to treat depression or anxiety e.g. fluoxetine, paroxetine, sertraline, fluvoxamine, citalopram, escitalopram, duloxetine, venlafaxine
- medicines to treat cancer e.g. docetaxel, etoposide
- certain antibiotics e.g. erythromycin
- medicines for sleep disorder or anxiety e.g. midazolam
- steroid used for a variety of condition e.g. dexamethasone
- medicines used to treat fungal infection e.g. ketoconazole
- medicines to treat TB (infection known as tuberculosis) e.g. rifampicin
This list does not include all medicines that may interact with Netupitant + Palonosetron.
Always notify your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking any other medicines, including herbal tonics such as traditional Chinese medicines, supplements and medicines that you buy without a prescription.
Store in a cool, dry place away from the reach of children.
Medicines must not be used past the expiry date.