Instructions for Use and Handling: Enema: 1. A visit to the toilet is recommended before administration of the enema.
2. Immediately before use take the enema bottle out of the aluminium foil pack and shake it well.
3. To break the seal twist the nozzle clockwise one full turn (the nozzle should then be in the same direction as before turning).
4. Put the hand in one of the plastic disposal bags provided in the pack.
5. Hold the container.
6. To administer the enema, lie on the left side with the left leg straight and the right leg bent forward for balance. Carefully insert the applicator tip into the rectum. Maintain sufficient steady hand pressure while dispersing the bottle content. The bottle content should be applied within max. 30-40 seconds.
7. Once the bottle is empty, withdraw the tip with the bottle still compressed.
8. The enema should be retained in the bowel. Remain relaxed in the administration position for 5-10 minutes or until the urge to pass the enema has disappeared.
9. Roll the plastic disposal bag over the empty bottle. Discard it and wash hands.
Suppository: 1. A visit to the toilet is recommended before inserting a suppository.
2. Open the foil bag at the tear mark.
3. The suppository is inserted in the rectum until resistance is felt and disappeared again.
4. In order to facilitate the administration, the suppository can be moistured with water or moisture cream.
5. If the suppository is discharged within the first 10 minutes, another can be inserted.
Incompatibilities: None known.